Air Conditioning Refrigeration and Heating Technology 1&2
The Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating Technology program prepares students for employment as heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics or air conditioning installer-services. Specialized instruction for the Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating Technology program includes:
- Planning, installing, testing and servicing of A/C
- Heating systems and components
- Servicing, installing, and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical components
- Testing, diagramming, and solving problems in A/C, refrigeration, and heating equipment
- Brazing and soldering tubing and piping
- Installing and servicing controls and components
- Electrical wiring
- Troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems
- Routine maintenance and service
- Use of specialized tools and equipment
- Job estimating and code compliance
- Employability skills; and entrepreneurship.
This program also offers Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification, comprehensive recovery and recycling; and a degree program articulated with Broward College (BC).